Benefits of membership at Upper Mountain Fire Co:
- Free use of state-of-the-art gym facility (open 24hrs)
- LOSAP* (for Active Members)
- Firefighter discounts at area stores
- Use of facilities & grounds for events
- Table and Chair rental
- Weekly training in fire and EMS tactics
- NYS $200 income tax credit/$400 for married couples filing jointly where both spouses are eligible
(Active Members) Click here for information
- Tax deduction for mileage
- Annual physical
- Annual flu shots (voluntary)
*LOSAP programs are pension-like programs intended to help recruit and retain volunteer firefighters and volunteer ambulance squad members. In a LOSAP, volunteers are financially rewarded based upon the number of years they serve.
NYS VFAW Law
The Volunteer Firefighters’ and Volunteer Ambulance Workers’ Benefits Laws provide cash benefits and/or medical care for volunteer members who are injured or become ill in the line of duty. Recognizing the unselfish service of volunteer firefighters and volunteer ambulance workers, laws designed to protect such volunteers who are injured, or who become ill, in the line of duty, were enacted in 1957 and 1989, respectively.